Edworks Online Tutoring Terms & Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions (“T’s & C’s”) of your enrolment with Sobers Nicholson Group Pty. Ltd. (“Edworks Online Tutoring”, “Edworks” or “We”).
If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must enter into this agreement on your behalf. In this case, both you and your parent/legal guardian must ensure compliance with the below Terms and Conditions. “You” and “your” will then refer to both you and, where relevant, your parent or legal guardian.
- Provide you with quality online tuition designed to support your specific learning needs (“Service”), including:
- the provision of a personalised learning program based on your specific needs and nominated academic focus areas
- allocation of an Edworks tutor/s matched to your needs
- access to the Edworks Online Tutoring platform, and learning resources designed to meet your learning goals
- an ongoing learning program including live online tutoring sessions with a tutor (“Session”)
- provision of regular feedback via five-weekly Progress Reports and also by way of Edworks’ online learning platform, where requested, as part of the Session
- Maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, academic performance and use of the Edworks Online Tutoring platform, subject to your consent.
- Inform you of any adjustments to fees charged by Edworks for the Service, recognising that you are under no obligation to accept such changes, and should you elect not to accept such fee changes, you may cancel your enrolment and receive a refund of payments made for unused sessions.
- Require access to a computer with the latest version of a browser (ideally Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox), a camera and microphone, and sufficient internet access. We also recommend a headset for the best learning experience.
- Be required to run a test on your computer as requested by Edworks to determine suitability and internet sufficiency at appropriate times. If unresolvable technical issues arise which prevent you from using the Edworks Online Tutoring platform, a refund for any purchased sessions will be granted.
- Be required to attend each Session on the date and time that you have booked, noting that each Session can be changed by you prior to any Session commencing. Failure to attend and/or not providing the required minimum cancellation notice of 24 hours means that you will be charged for your missed session.
- Pay for the Session prior to the scheduled Session date in accordance with Edworks Online Tutoring’s membership plans. Failure to do so means that Edworks will not provide the Session or Service. Where you cancel a pre-paid package of sessions before you complete the committed number of Sessions, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Complete the Edworks Online Tutoring Registration Form and pay for your session in full before 5pm on the day prior to your requested membership commencement date or Trial Session.
- Only communicate with your Edworks tutor/s through the Edworks Online Tutoring learning platform.
- Comply with Edworks’ policies and procedures as updated by Edworks at various times. This includes you agreeing to Edworks:
- recording and reviewing each Session, if you request this to occur, for the purpose of quality assurance, internal training and to allow you to review any previous Sessions
- recording all data from Sessions and the Edworks learning platform for the purpose of:
- diagnosing your current proficiency and learning requirements
- assessing and reporting on your academic performance and development
- updating the Edworks Online Tutoring platform
- Agree that Edworks’ online learning resources must only be used by you, and you agree not to provide access to this content to any third parties.
In the event things do not go as planned
We will always strive to provide our Service in accordance with good industry practice and of the quality fairly expected from a qualified tutor using our platform and resources. However, we can’t guarantee that our service will always be delivered entirely without error. The nature of online services means that Edworks and you are reliant on hardware, software and an adequate internet connection. In the event that there is significant disruption to the service we provide accepted to be the fault of Edworks’, we pledge that:
- If time is lost during one of your Sessions due to the late arrival of the tutor or due to technical issues with the Edworks Online Tutoring platform, Edworks will compensate you for the loss of time by rescheduling a Session to another date and time that is agreed between you and the tutor to make up for such loss.
- Edworks will consider any issues raised regarding the quality of a Session. If Edworks finds that the quality of the Session was considerably below the standard expected by Edworks, we will fully refund you for the cost of that Session.
- If a tutor cancels a Session, Edworks will seek to provide you with another tutor of similar credentials and experience. If Edworks is unable to provide a substitute tutor at the scheduled Session time, Edworks will seek to offer you an alternative Session at a time that is convenient for you.
- You or Edworks may cancel your enrolment with Edworks at any time and for any reason by providing notice in accordance with Edworks’ Terms and Conditions. In such case, you will have no further financial obligations to Edworks and Edworks will have no further obligations to provide Services to you.
- In order to make a request for a refund, you must provide Edworks with sufficient detail for consideration. Please submit your request for a refund via email@example.com or by calling 03 9882 8777.
- The results of using Edworks’ services may vary and depend upon a range of factors. To the full extent allowable by law, you will hold Edworks blameless for any act or omission relating to the Service and you will indemnify Edworks from any dispute, action, claim or proceedings relating to the provision of the Service to you, and Edworks will not be accountable for any losses or damages.
These T’s&C’s can only be varied by agreement between you and Edworks in writing. However, Edworks may, from time to time and within its full discretion, vary the policies, procedures and website information that are referenced here in these T’s&C’s. If these T’s&C’s are accepted, the resultant agreement and any dispute arising in relation to it are governed by the law of the State of Victoria, Australia.