Edworks Online Tutoring Refund Policy
The Australian Consumer Law grants certain rights which cannot be excluded. These rights include a right to replacement or refund where there is what is called a major problem. A purchased service has a major problem when it:
- has a problem that would have stopped you from purchasing the service if they had known about it
- has multiple minor problems that, when taken as a whole, would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about them
- is substantially unfit for its common purpose, and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- does not meet the specific purpose the consumer asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- creates an unsafe situation.
In these cases of major problems, you are entitled to request a replacement of our Services or a refund. Where you are entitled to, and request a refund, You must cease accessing Our learning platform.
Where a refund is to be paid, You acknowledge that it may take us up to 30 days for us to process it.
If for any reason you need to cancel a scheduled tutoring session, you must provide a minimum of 24 hours’ notice in order to retain your session credit. If any less than 24 hours’ notice is given, you will be charged for the cancelled session.
Except as outlined above and provided in the Australian Consumer Law, fees are non-refundable. This includes but is not limited to cases of change of mind or change to a student’s schedule. If we do agree to a refund and we are not required to do so, there is an administration fee of $50 to be paid. This fee covers the administration required to make the necessary system changes and process refunds.